In the News
Gallery DocentsApril 26, 2018
What They Do
The Mattie Kelly Arts Center Galleries are pleased to have the support of individuals who serve as docents.
Gallery docents help expand and enhance the viewing experience of a visitor to the galleries, but they do not need to be art experts.
Some of our docents also serve as teachers, learning facilitators, hosts, public relations representatives and good will ambassadors.
Some of the benefits of becoming an NWF State College Gallery docent:
- Docents study with curators, NWF State College faculty and artists.
- They participate in trips to museums, galleries and artists’ studios.
- Docents have access to an exceptional library of resource materials.
- They take other NWF State College-sponsored classes, workshops and courses.
- They attend NWF State College productions and performances.
- They attend an annual luncheon sponsored by the college president at the NWF State College amphitheater.
See All News