Jesus Christ Superstar: Audition Information
AUDITION DATE: May 3, 2021
TIME: SIGN IN WILL BEGIN AT 4:30 PM. AUDITIONS BEGIN AT 6:30 PM
PLACE: Sprint Theatre @ MATTIE KELLY ARTS CENTER OF NWFSC, NICEVILLE CAMPUS
Please note that due to COVID-19 Face Masks will be REQUIRED at auditions. Water fountains are not in service so please plan ahead and bring your own.
- Music – each auditionee will be expected to sing one of the pre-selected excerpts from the show. (see below)
- Dancing – all auditionees will be taught a short dance routine during the course of the audition.
- Audition Selection: This Jesus Must Die
- Audition Selection: Gethsemane
- Audition Selection: Heaven On Their Minds
- Audition Selection: I Don’t Know How To Love Him
- Audition Selection: Everything’s Alright
- Audition Selection: Herod’s Song
- Callback Selection: Jesus
- Callback Selection Judas
- Callback Selection Mary
Below are the backing tracks used for auditions. The audition selection tracks include the following measures:
- Herod’s Song: 65-91
- Gethsemane: 95-125
- This Jesus Must Die: 5-9, 3 second hold, and then 51-63
- Everything’s Alright: Last beat of 50 through 64
- Heaven On Their Minds: 85-106
- I Don’t Know How To Love Him: 24-44
Callback tracks will be the full song:
- Gethsemane, Callback song for Jesus
- Heaven On Their Minds, Callback song for Judas
- I Don’t Know How To Love Him, Callback song for Mary
- Please print and complete the audition form and bring it with you to the audition.
- As you sign in, you will be placed into audition groups. Each group will rotate through the different portions of the audition. A dance captain will be on hand to teach each group the dance combination while other groups are singing/acting.
- Rehearsals begin May 4th and run through July 20th.
- Performances are scheduled for July 21st – 25th .
- Rehearsal Calendar is available under Audition Materials (above), but please understand that rehearsal content may change depending on needs of the director and production.
No. We encourage both students and community members to audition!
You will find out the same night as your audition!
Rehearsals will be begin on May 4th. A full rehearsal schedule is included with this document. If you accept the role, you are expected to attend ALL rehearsals.
Most rehearsals are from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm Monday through Thursday. Please see tentative rehearsal schedule.
What if I just want to dance for the musical? Do I still have to do the vocal portion of the audition?
Dancers may opt out of this section of the audition. Opting out of the singing audition will limit the parts in which you are eligible to be cast.
The short answer is, yes. This is a large musical and many cast members are needed. Both leads and ensemble will have a lot to do in this show. If you have a successful audition, we will use you.
Yes, you can express interest in a particular role(s) on your audition form, but it does not guarantee that you will be selected for that role. We are interested in casting singing actors who are willing to be placed in the best role for them and the success of the production.
Auditions will be closed to the public and held with the production staff in small flights of 6-10 performers. Only those performers in your flight will see your audition.
Yes, there are many technical and support positions available.
Although any familiarity with reading music is extremely helpful, it is not a requirement to be cast for the show. We will teach you your music, and you will be surprised what you are able to learn in a summer.
No. Please provide your name, and we will follow up with you.